Fire & Fire Prevention
The following recommendations for your employees are made to assist you with the building’s fire prevention program:
- Never leave electrical appliances unattended.
- Never use immersion-type heating devices.
- Avoid electrical overloading and multiple plugs.
- Do not use undersized or lightweight extension cords.
- Report failure of any electrical outlets or lights to the Management Office.
- Flammable liquids should not be stored in Tenant spaces.
- Keep paper at least six to eight feet away from operating machinery.
- Know the location and type of fire extinguishers in your premises and inspect and replace as required.
- Know the usable time limit of the fire extinguishers available to you.
- Know exit locations.
- Practice good housekeeping near your desk, in storage areas, in mechanical rooms and in the area of exit doors and hallways.
- Do not store materials in the building electrical, telephone or utility closets.